Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane..."

Tomorrow.

I leave tomorrow.

At 5:40pm I will be boarding on an airplane and won't be back probably until April 2012.

UMMMMMM! Crazy much!?

Right now I am feeling a LOT of emotions. Honestly mostly sadness. It feels very. very real now. I love Arizona so much. I love my friends and family there. They have all truly blessed me. I love starbucks. I love Esmerelda (my car) even though she drives me nuts. I miss my doggies.

But I'm excited. My teammates seems awesome so far! A few of us went out to dinner tonight and chatted about everything over some Indian food and I feel like we will all get a long quite well. There are 30 of us going and come from all over the U.S. All of us are health volunteers. Most of us have no health experience. This should be interesting! Thank goodness for training!

So yes. These past few weeks have been a whirl wind of mixed emotions and very, very little sleep. My schedule through sunday:

2/18:
8:30am check out of hotel
9am: shots! Ouch!
Airport
5:40pm: Fly to Jo-burg

2/19:
Get in to Joburg that night
Dinner
Bed

2/20:
9:40am: flight to NAMIBIA!
Drive to Andres Training Center (its about 45 minutse away)
Sleep? Hopefully??

2/21:
Hit the ground running with pretraining interviews.

2/22:
TRAINING BEGINS!

We'll be moving in with our host family sometime next week. But in the mean time we'll be at the Andres Training Center.

So yes! My life. Or start of it. Wow.

I'm moving to Africa. To Namibia. I've always imagined this. Didn't think it'd ever become a reality. God is good. He's got plans way bigger than mine.

Anyways. I love you all. I miss you. I hope you are making good choices

Until then

Lauren Z.

1 comment:

  1. I hope YOU make good choices!!! Like LOTS AND LOTS of Fruit and Veg!! And very, very little polony! :)

    ReplyDelete