Monday, September 28, 2009

Turkmenistan FAQ

Hey hey!

So here is my Turkmenistan blog! It shall be interesting and exciting, I promise. But right now I am tired and am leaving for the airport in 5 hours. So this might be the most boring post. I promise to update when I have internet!

Over past few months, I have been asked many questions in regards to what I will be doing these next few months. So, I decided to create a little FAQ to get all these questions answered! Here we go!:

Q: So where are you going?
A: Turkmenistan!

Q: Turk--Turkmenwha? Is that a country?
A: Yes, yes it is a country. Here is a picture of where it's located!



Q: So what will you be doing?
A: Not exactly sure....health stuff? But that could mean anything from teaching kids to wash their hands to training doctors to do preventative health care!

Q: Where will you be staying?
A: Currently outside of the capital for training with a host family. After that? Who knows? Could be in the capital or in a village with 5 people. But I do know I'll be with a host family!

Q: What's the food like?
A: All I heard is "you have to experience it to understand". That makes me nervous.

Q: How do you say where you are going again?
A: Turk-men-eh-stan

Q: What language do they speak?
A: Turkmen! And some Russian

Q: Turkmen? Is that real?
A: Yes--just like Turkmenistan is a real country, Turkmen is infact a real language!

Q: What if you meet the man of your dreams over there?
A: Umm....that would be okay with me! Doubtful, but hey! However, I do believe the men have to pay a dowry on brides over there. So my dad might be getting a shipment of cows. Who knows.

Q: How are you feeling?
A: A lot of things. Summary: excited/nervous/unsure/hopefuly/excited/sad/sad/excited/exhausted/exhausted/exhausted. It changes by the minute really.

So yes. those are the most common questions! For more information about Turkmenistan, please check out here: Lonely Planet: Turkmenistan

I am going to miss everyone very much! But I love you all! And I'll see you later :)

Peace, love and pomegranates

Lauren Z.

1 comment:

  1. awww, man. i love you lauren! you are so freakin hilarious! i hope you have the time of your life over there...well, not as much fun as africa b/c that would be impossible. :) you rock!!

    ReplyDelete